The MOC3081M, MOC3082M and MOC3083M devices consist of a GaAs infrared emitting diode optically coupled to a monolithic silicon detector performing the function of a zero voltage crossing bilateral triac driver.
They are designed for use with a discrete power triac in the interface of logic systems to equipment powered from 240 VAC lines, such as solid-state relays, industrial controls, motors, solenoids and consumer appliances, etc.
• Underwriters Laboratories (UL) recognized - file #E90700, Volume 2
• VDE recognized - file #102497 - add option V (e.g., MOC3083VM)
• Simplifies logic control of 240 VAC power
• Zero voltage crossing
• dv/dt of 1500 V/µs typical, 600 V/µs guaranteed
• Compatible with Fairchild’s FKPF12N80 discrete power triac
• Solenoid/valve controls
• Lighting controls
• Static power switches
• AC motor drives
• Temperature controls
• E.M. contactors
• AC motor starters
• Solid state relays