These data selectors/multiplexers contain inverters and drivers to supply full on-chip data selection to the four output gates. A separate strobe input is provided. A 4-bit word is selected from one of two sources and is routed to the four outputs. The LS157 presents true data whereas the LS158 presents inverted data to minimize propagation delay time.
● Buffered inputs and outputs
● Typical Propagation Time LS157 9 ns LS158 7 ns
● Typical Power Dissipation LS157 49 mW LS158 24 mW
● Alternate Military/Aerospace device (54LS157, 54LS158) is available. Contact a National Semiconductor Sales Office/Distributor for specifications.
● Expand any data input point
● Multiplex dual data buses
● Generate four functions of two variables (one variable is common)
● Source programmable counters