HA16116FP/FPJ and HA16121FP/FPJ are dual-channel PWM switching regulator controller ICs for use in
chopper-type DC/DC converters.
This IC series incorporates totem pole gate drive circuits to allow direct driving of a power MOS FET. The output logic is preset for booster, step-down, or inverting control in a DC/DC converter. This logic assumes use of an N-channel power MOS FET for booster control, and a P-channel power MOS FET for step-down or inverting control.
• Wide operating supply voltage range* (3.9 V to 40.0 V)
• Wide operating frequency range (600 kHz maximum operation)
• Direct power MOS FET driving (output current ±1 A peak in maximum rating)
• Pulse-by-pulse overcurrent protection circuit with intermittent operation function (When overcurrent state continues beyond time set in timer, the IC operates intermittently to prevent excessive output current.)
• Grounding the ON/OFFpin turns the IC off, saving power dissipation. (HA16116: IOFF = 10 µA max.; HA16121: IOFF = 150 µA max.)
• Built-in UVL circuit (UVL voltage can be varied with external resistance.)
• Built-in soft start and quick shutoff functions
Note: The reference voltage 2.5 V is under the condition of VIN ≥4.5 V.
• 2.5 V reference voltage (Vref) regulator
• Triangle wave form oscillator
• Dual overcurrent detector
• Dual totem pole output driver
• UVL (under voltage lock out) system
• Dual error amplifier
• Vref overvoltage detector
• Dual PWM comparator