SAMSUNGs S3C2800 32-bit RISC microprocessor is designed to provide a cost-effective and high-performance micro-controller solution for general applications. The S3C2800 features the following integrated on-chip support to help design a system a low cost: 16KB I/D caches, 2-ch UART with handshake, 4-ch DMA, memory controller, 3-ch timer, GPIO (General-Purpose Input/Output) ports, RTC (Real Time Clock), 2-ch IIC-BUS interface, and a built-in PLL for system clock.
• Little-/Big-endian support for external memory.
• Address space: 32Mbytes per each bank (Total 256Mbyte)
• Supports programmable 8/16/32-bit data bus width for each memory bank
• Fixed bank start address for all (static memory and dynamic memory banks)
• 8 memory banks
– 4 memory banks for static memory (ROM, SRAM, FLASH etc)
– 4 memory banks for dynamic memory (Fast Page, EDO, and Synchronous DRAM)
• Fully programmable access cycles for all static memory banks
• Supports external wait signal to extend the bus cycle
• Supports self-refresh mode in DRAM/SDRAM.
• Supports asymmetric/symmetric address of DRAM
I/D (Instruction/Data) Cache Memory
• 64-way set-associative ICache (16KB) and DCache (16KB)
• 8 words per line with one valid bit and 2 dirty bits per line
• Pseudo-random or round-robin replacement algorithm
• Write-through and Write-back cache operation.
• The write buffer can hold 16 words of data and 4 addresses
• Low voltage cache for reduced power consumption
Clock & Power Manager
• The on-chip PLL generates the necessary clock for the operation of MCU at maximum of 200MHz@1.8V
• Input frequency range: (Fin) = 6MHz – 10MHz.
• Output frequency range: (FCLK) = 20MHz – 200MHz
• Clock can be selectively provided to each function block by software
• Power Down Mode: NORMAL, SLOW, and IDLE mode
– NORMAL mode: Normal operating mode
– SLOW mode: Low frequency clock without PLL
– IDLE mode: Clock to CPU is disabled
PCI Bus Interface
• Embedded PCI Host Bridge
• 32-bit data bus at 66MHz