The 74HC4024-Q100 is a 7-stage binary ripple counter with a clock input (CP), an overriding asynchronous master reset input (MR) and seven fully buffered parallel outputs (Q0 to Q6). The counter advances on the HIGH-to-LOW transition of CP. A HIGH on MR clears all counter stages and forces all outputs LOW, independent of the state of CP. Each counter stage is a static toggle flip-flop. Schmitt-trigger action in the clock input makes the circuit highly tolerant to slower clock rise and fall times. Inputs include clamp diodes. This enables the use of current limiting resistors to interface inputs to voltages in excess of VCC.
This product has been qualified to the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) standard Q100 (Grade 1) and is suitable for use in automotive applications.
Features and benefits
• Automotive product qualification in accordance with AEC-Q100 (Grade 1)
• Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and from -40 °C to +125 °C
• Low-power dissipation
• Complies with JEDEC standard no. 7A
• CMOS input levels
• ESD protection:
• MIL-STD-883, method 3015 exceeds 2000 V
• HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
• MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V (C = 200 pF; R = 0 Ω)
• Frequency dividing circuits
• Time delay circuits.